Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Organizing and Updating Records

Wow! It's hard to believe that it's already October and Summer is over. The days have been wet and much cooler this year which means it's time to start researching again.  I have been trying to update the Italian Surname Database but there is so much to input so it's going to take longer than I thought.  I also am trying to put the websites back in order. 
Today I contacted a few of the subscription sites that Carole had subscribed to for Gente and changed over the info to my name. It was not easy but I know the longer I wait the harder it will be.  She had bugged me for months to update our contact info but I never seemed to get around to it and now I realized why it is so important to do this.  I now find myself on the phone and looking through emails and files for hours trying to sort out all our accounts. Carole always took care of the Administration stuff as quite frankly, I suck at record keeping. 
I've decided that as I do this I will create a spreadsheet with all the info on it for future reference and include passwords and expire info. I'll then print out a hard copy in case the computer ever crashes.  I guess it just boils down to organization - AGAIN.  I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter.

0 comments :